Free import by passengers of 18 years and older:
1. 200 cigarettes and 50 cigars and less than 50 grams of tobacco;
2. 2 bottles of alcoholic beverages per passenger;
3. a reasonable quantity of perfume for personal use by female passengers.
- vegetables, plants or plant material; meat and food products of animal origin.
- firearms and ammunition unless prior authorization is obtained from regional police departments. Must be declared on arrival.
Free export of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages as under "Import".
Prohibited: firearms and ammunition unless prior authorization is obtained from regional police departments. Must be declared on departure.
Passenger arriving with cats or dogs must obtain approval from the Colombian Agricultural Institute (ICA) at first point of entry and must be accompanied by:
1. A Health Certificate issued by the health authority of the country of origin, with a maximum validity of 10 calendar days declaring:
- species, identification, race, sex, age and fur;
- that it was treated with internal and external anti-parasites products authorized in the exporting country;
- authorization for transportation abroad. AND
2. An Immunization Certificate mentioning the vaccination plan in force, according to age and species, specifying the product name and the date of administration.
Pets imported from the USA must be accompanied by a certificate issued by Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA -APHIS)
The following canine breeds and any cross breeds of: Staffordshire terrier, pit-bull terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier.
Baggage is cleared at the airport of final destination in Colombia.
a. baggage of passengers traveling to Armenia (AXM) or Manizales (MZL), which is cleared at the airport of entry in Colombia;
b. baggage of transit passengers on an international flight to a destination outside Colombia.
1. Airport tax is collected upon ticket issuance or upon embarkation.
Place of payment: Point of ticket sale or airport of departure.
1. Transit passengers continuing their journey on the same day and not leaving the international transit area.
2. Exit Tax: USD 19.-, in cash only, is levied on residents of Colombia departing for abroad and on all departing passengers whose stay in Colombia exceeds 2 months.
Place of payment: Airport of departure.
1. Diplomatic officials;
2. Residents of Colombia for a stay abroad of max. 180 days and non-residents of Colombia for a stay abroad of max. 60 days.
Local currency (Colombian Peso-COP) and foreign currencies: up to USD 10,000.- or equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.- must be declared on arrival.
1. if under 15 years of age: local currency (Colombian Peso-COP): up to COP 5,642.- per day of stay abroad (max. COP 169,260.- per year) or foreign currencies: up to USD 35.- or equivalent per day of stay abroad (max. USD 1050.- or equivalent per year);
2. if 15 years of age or over: local currency: up to COP 11,284.- per day of stay abroad (max. 338,520.- per year) or foreign currencies: up to USD 70.- or equivalent per day of stay abroad (max. USD 2,100.- or equivalent per year).
Local currency and foreign currencies: up to USD 10,000.- or equivalent. Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.- must be declared on arrival.