Free import to passengers arriving with goods purchased within the EU which are for personal use only (including the French Overseas Departments of Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Martinique and Reunion):
a. tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 and over:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos;
- 200 cigars;
- 1kilogram of pipe or cigarette tobacco;
b. alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 years and older:
- 10 liters of spirits over 22%;
- 20 liters of alcoholic beverages less than 22%;
- 90 liters of wine (though no more than 60 litres of sparkling wine);
- 110 liters of beer.
Free import to passengers arriving from non-EU Member States (including Canary Islands, Channel Islands):
1. tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 years and over:
- 200 cigarettes; or
- 100 cigarillos (max. 3 grams each); or
- 50 cigars; or
- 250 grams of smoking tobacco; or
- a proportional mix of these products;
2. alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 years and older:
- 1 liter of spirits over 22% volume, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume; or
- 2 liters of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liquor wines; or
- a proportional mix of these products; and in addition
- 4 liters still wine; and
- 16 liters of beer;
3. medicines, sufficient for personal requirements;
4. other goods (for air travelers) up to a total value of EUR 430.- (per adult) or EUR 90.- (per passenger aged under 15 years). Such amounts cannot be cumulated by several people.
5. gold/jewellery: must be declared except personal jewellery not exceeding a total weight of 500 grams if it is in regular situation.
Products of animal origin, not originating from an EU Member State , Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland, are not permitted to be imported into an EU Member State, with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Faroe Isl., Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
For full details, please see or refer to the website of the European Union, http://europa.eu/.
Certain plants and plant products entering the EU must have an original phytosanitary certificate (see www.ec.europa.eu/food/plant/plant_health_biosecurity). These items must be declared on arrival and are subject to phytosanitary checks.
Import regulations vary per category of firearms and per country of origin. For further details please refer to: www.douane.gouv.fr
Prohibited: It is not allowed to import, export or transfer arms and ammunition to or from Afghanistan, Belarus, Central African Rep., Congo (Dem. Rep.), Eritrea, Iraq, Korea (Dem. People's Rep.), Lebanon, Lybia, Myanmar, Russian Fed., Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Zimbabwe.
Gold/jewellery must be declared except personal jewellery not exceeding a total weight of 500 grams if it is in regular situation.
Free import of the following:
1. 40 cigarettes, or 20 cigarillos, or 10 cigars, or 50 grams of tobacco;
2. alcoholic beverages (distilled or spirits):
- over 22% proof: 0,25 liter; or
- up to/under 22% proof: 0,50 liter, or
- still wines: 0,50 liter;
3. 7,5 grams of perfume and 0,375 deciliter of eau de toilette;
4. 100 grams of coffee or 40 grams of coffee extracts or coffee essence and 20 grams of tea or 8 grams of tea extract or tea essence.
5. personal and non-commercial goods may not exceed a total value of EUR 45,73.
Warning: animals without the necessary certificates will be returned to place of origin or destroyed. The regulations below also apply to pets traveling between metropolitan France, French Overseas Departments and regions, French Overseas Collectivities and Territories or transiting if they leave the airport.
1. Cats and dogs are subject to Regulation (EC) No. 998/2003 and Regulation (EU) 576/2013 .For more information and details contact a French embassy/consulate or the French Ministry of Agriculture (www.agriculture.gouv.fr).
EXCEPTIONS TO THE ABOVE RESOLUTION:
a. Cats, dogs and ferrets from French Overseas Departments and Territories (except for French Guiana) must be at least 8 weeks old, and must have a microchip implant. No vaccinations are required.
b. cats and dogs from the United Kingdom do not need a rabies vaccination if holding:
- Sanitary Certificate issued 10 days or less before transportation; and
- certificate that the pet has been residing in the United Kingdom for at least 6 months prior to departure or since birth;
c. animals from the following countries do not require the blood test neutralizing rabies virus: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Ascension Isl., Australia, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Bermuda, Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, Cayman Isl., Chile, Chinese Taipei, Croatia, Curacao, Falkland Isl. (Malvinas), Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Hong Kong (SAR China), Iceland, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Montserrat, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Norway, Russian Fed., San Marino, Singapore, St. Helena, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Pierre and Miquelon, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City (Holy See), Virgin Isl. (British) and Wallis and Futuna Isl.
d. For import of more than 5 animals, a certificate of movement issued by the local sanitary authorities is required.
- puppies and kittens from third countries and French Guiana less than 15 weeks old;
- puppies and kittens from another EU Member State, if they did not receive a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to import;
- the following breeds recognized as dangerous breeds (category 1) are prohibited: any dog of the type Staffordshire terrier (without a pedigree), American Staffordshire terrier (without a pedigree) (Pitbulls), Mastiff (Boerbulls ), Tosa (without a pedigree). Breeds classed as GUARD DOGS (CATEGORY 2), with a pedigree can be imported into France: Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, Rottweiler and any dog of the type known as a Rottweiler without a pedigree, Tosa. Consult a French embassy or consulate for special requirements for import of category 2 breeds and also the carrier for any regulations regarding the transportation of such breeds.
2. Birds are subject to Decision (EC) No. 25/2007. Prior authorization required. For more information and details contact a French embassy/consulate or the French Ministry of Agriculture (www.agriculture.gouv.fr ).
Baggage can be cleared at any airport in France.
Exempt: baggage of passengers with a destination outside of France, in transit via Paris, international airport Charles de Gaulle or Orly.
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Same regulations as for export apply.
Local currency (Euro - EUR) and foreign currencies: no restrictions if arriving from or traveling to another EU Member State .
If arriving directly from or traveling to a country outside the EU: amounts exceeding EUR 10,000.- or more or the equivalent in another currency (incl. banker's draft and
cheques of any kind) must be declared.