Free import by persons over 18 years of age:
1. 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 250 grams of tobacco or a combination thereof with max. weight of 250 grams;
2. 2 liters of wine (max. 2 bottles);
3. 1 liter of spirits (max. 1 bottle);
4. 0.25 liters of eau de toilette and 50 grams of perfume.
Arms and ammunition are restricted items and can only be imported after issuance of a special permit by the Ministry of Interior.
Same regulations as for passengers apply.
Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a veterinarian good health certificate (issued at point of origin) as well as by an Import Permit (which can be obtained from the Veterinary Head Office in Accra 2 weeks prior to arrival). Inspection fee GHS 50.-. Failure to present the Import Permit will result in a penalty of GHS 200.-. Pets may enter as passenger's checked baggage in the cabin or as cargo.
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Ghana.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Ghana, provided the passengers do not leave the terminal.
Passenger Service Charge is levied on passengers embarking in Ghana:
1. On international flights:
USD 200.- for first class;
USD 150.- for business class;
USD 100.- for economy class,
2. On domestic flights: GHS 10.-.
Place of Payment: Airport of departure in Ghana or town terminal in Ghana.
1. Children under 2 years of age;
2. Transit passengers proceeding on the first connecting service or within 24 hours.
Local (Ghanaian Cedi-GHS) and Foreign currencies: Residents and non-residents, up to USD 10,000.- or its equivalent, in travellers cheques or any other monetary instrument. Passengers are required to declare the amounts to Customs and fill the BOG Foreign Exchange Declaration Form (FXDF) at the port of entry (or departure). Amounts exceeding USD 10,000.- will be seized.
Same regulations as for Import apply.