Free import to passengers arriving with goods purchased within the EU which are for personal use only:
1. Tobacco products:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos (max. 3g each);
- 200 cigars;
- 1 kg smoking tobacco.
2. Alcoholic beverages:
- 10 litres of spirits over 22%;
- 20 litres of alcoholic beverages less than 22%;
- 90 litres of wine (though no more than 60 litres of sparkling wine);
- 110 litres of beer.
Free import to passengers arriving from non-EU Member States (incl. Canary Islands, Channel Islands and other similar territories):
1. tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 and older:
- 200 cigarettes; or
- 100 cigarillos (max. 3g each); or
- 50 cigars; or
- 250g of smoking tobacco; or
- a proportional mix of these products;
2. alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 and older:
- 1 litre of spirits over 22% volume, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume; or
- 2 litres of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liqueur wines; or
- a proportional mix of these products; and in addition
- 4 litres still wine; and
- 16 litres of beer;
3. medications for personal use;
4. other goods (for air travellers) up to a total value of LTL 1,480.- (per adult) or LTL 510.- (per passenger aged under 15 years).
Products of animal origin, not originating from an EU Member State , Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland, are not permitted to be imported into an EU Member State, with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Faeroe Isl., Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
For full details, please see or refer to the website of the European Union, http://europa.eu/.
Prohibited unless permits have been obtained from the government or relevant ministries of Lithuania:
- military weapons, police and military ammunition, other control or precautionary apparatus, training aids for police officials;
- hunting or sporting guns and weapons, ammunition, electric fishing equipment.
Free export of articles imported duty free.
Cats and dogs are subject to special regulations (EC) No. 998/2003 of the European Parliament and of the Council .
Birds are subject to Decision (EC) No. 25/2007.
For more information contact the nearest embassy of Lithuania. Pets may enter as passenger's checked baggage, in the cabin or as cargo.
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry or transit in Lithuania.
Exempt: baggage of passengers travelling onward with the same flight, which is cleared at the airport of final destination in Lithuania.
Local Departure Tax is levied on all passengers from Vilnius Airport: LTL 60.-.
Same regulations as per Export apply.
Local currency (Lithuanian Litas - LTL) and foreign currencies: no restrictions if arriving from or traveling to another EU Member State .
If arriving directly from or traveling to a country outside the EU: amounts exceeding EUR 10,000.- or more or the equivalent in another currency (incl. banker's draft and
cheques of any kind) must be declared.