Free import to passengers arriving with goods purchased within the EU which are for personal use only:
1. tobacco products:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos;
- 200 cigars;
- 1 kilogram of pipe or cigarette tobacco;
2. alcoholic beverages:
- 10 liters of spirits over 22%;
- 20 liters of alcoholic beverages less than 22%;
- 90 liters of wine (though no more than 60 liters of sparkling wine);
- 110 liters of beer.
Free import to passengers arriving from non-EU Member States (incl. Canary Islands, Channel Islands and other similar territories):
1. tobacco products, for passengers aged 17 and older:
- 200 cigarettes; or
- 100 cigarillos (max. 3 grams each); or
- 50 cigars; or
- 250 grams of smoking tobacco; or
- a proportional mix of these products;
2. alcoholic beverages, for passengers aged 17 and older:
- 1 liter of spirits over 22% volume, or non-denatured ethyl alcohol with more than 80% volume; or
- 2 liters of spirits or aperitifs made of wine or similar beverages less than 22% volume, or sparkling wines or liquor wines; or
- a proportional mix of these products; and in addition
- 4 liters still wine; and
- 16 liters of beer;
3. medications for personal use;
4. other goods (for air travelers) up to a total value of EUR 430.-.
Products of animal origin, not originating from an EU Member State , Andorra, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland, are not permitted to be imported into an EU Member State, with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Faroe Isl., Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries.
For full details, please see or refer to the website of the European Union, http://europa.eu/.
Certain plants and plant products entering the EU must have an original phytosanitary certificate (see www.ec.europa.eu/food/plant/plant_health_biosecurity). These items must be declared on arrival and are subject to phytosanitary checks.
Prohibited: It is not allowed to import, export or transfer arms and ammunition to or from Afghanistan, Belarus, Central African Rep., Congo (Dem. Rep.), Eritrea, Iraq, Korea (Dem. People's Rep.), Lebanon, Lybia, Myanmar, Russian Fed., Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Zimbabwe.
For crew members the allowance of the quantities listed is restricted to once per month. At other entries they are allowed to import only one packet of cigarettes.
For requirements see Belgium.
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Luxembourg.
- baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Luxembourg if it is labeled to that destination;
- baggage of passengers who embarked in another Schengen Member State .
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Same regulations as for export apply.
Local currency (Euro - EUR) and foreign currencies: no restrictions if arriving from or traveling to another EU Member State .
If arriving directly from or traveling to a country outside the EU: amounts exceeding EUR 10,000.- or more or the equivalent in another currency (incl. banker's draft and cheques of any kind) must be declared.