Free import :
- 200 cigarettes or 225 grams of tobacco;
- max. 1 liter of wine, spirits or malt liquor;
- max. 3 pieces of new wearing apparel;
- one pair of new footwear;
- one unit of each portable electrical or battery operated appliance for personal care and hygiene;
- a total max. of MYR 75.- of dutiable food preparations;
- all other goods, incl. gifts and souvenirs up to a total value of max. MYR 400.- (except goods from Langkawi and Labuan, up to a total value of max. MYR 500.-).
The trafficking of illegal drugs is a serious offence in Malaysia and the penalty for such an offence is death.
The items can only be imported duty free if the following conditions are met:
- the articles are imported by the visitor on his person or his baggage;
- non-alien residents stay in Malaysia more than 72 hours;
- nationals and residents of Malaysia have left the country for more than 72 hours.
- all goods from South Africa and Israel;
- any article with an imprint or being reproduction of any currency note, bank note or coin which are current or have at any time been issued in any country.
Duty free allowances are per person only (pooling not allowed).
Free export of reasonable quantities of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages.
Must be older than 3 months of age and require:
- Health certificate, issued 7 days prior to departure and stating that during the preceding 6 months no case of rabies has occurred in the country of dispatch and the animal has not been imported to the country of origin;
- Anti-rabies vaccination certificate;
- Landing permit;
- Import permit issued by the Malaysian Department Of Veterinary Services; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dogs and cats are quarantined for 7 days or more, except if arriving from Brunei Darussalam, Ireland, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore or the United Kingdom. Originating airports must telex station manager of transporting airline at point of disembarkation flight number, origin and destination, types and numbers of pets. Those subject to quarantine must have space reserved in advance at Kuala Lumpur Quarantine Station.
For more information, see: http://www.dvs.gov.my/en
Baggage is cleared at the airport of final destination in Malaysia, provided it is labeled so.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Malaysia, provided it is labeled to that destination and the onward flight is on the same calendar day.
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Local currency (Malaysian Ringgit-MYR) and foreign currencies: No restrictions. Amounts exceeding MYR 30,000.- and USD 10,000.- or equivalent must be declared for re-export.
Allowed: local currency (Malaysian Ringgit-MYR): up to MYR 30,000.- and foreign currencies: up to USD 10,000.- or equivalent. Higher amounts may be exported provided import has been declared upon arrival.