- 250 cigarettes, 50 cigars and 20 grams of tobacco;
- whisky/wine not exceeding 1.15 liters or beer up to 12 cans;
- cloths and goods for personal use;
- steel camera film 15 pieces and movie camera film 12 pieces;
- medicines for personal use up to a value of NPR 10,000.-;
- tin pack food stuff up to an value of NPR 1,000.-;
- fresh fruit up to a value of NPR 2,000.-;
- 50 grams of gold ornaments and 100 grams of silver ornaments.
Free export of personal effects previously imported and declared by the passenger. A clearance certificate from the Customs is required for export of antiquities and curios.
Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a veterinarian health and rabies certificate.
Baggage is cleared at Kathmandu (KTM).
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Local currency (Nepalese Rupee-NPR) and Indian currency: nationals of Nepal and India: unlimited and in small denominations.
Other nationalities: foreign currencies exceeding USD 2000.- must be declared.
Local currency (Nepalese Rupee-NPR) and foreign currencies: up to the amounts imported and declared. Only ten per cent of the amount exchanged into local currency will be re-exchanged into foreign currency at the airport upon departure.