- tobacco not exceeding 250 grams (equiv. to 250 cigarettes);
- whisky/wine not exceeding 1.15 liters or beer up to 12 cans;
- cloths and goods for personal use;
- medicine not exceeding NPR 1000.-;
- fruits or canned food not exceeding NPR 1000.-.
Free export of personal effects previously imported and declared by the passenger. Passengers who want to export antiquities or curios are advised to consult the Curator of the Nepal Museum in Kathmandu whether or not export it is allowed. For the export of such articles also a clearance certificate from the Customs is necessary.
Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a veterinarian health and rabies certificate.
Baggage is cleared at Kathmandu (KTM).
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Local currency (Nepalese Rupee-NPR) and Indian currency: nationals of Nepal and India: unlimited and in small denominations.
Other nationalities: foreign currencies exceeding USD 2000.- must be declared.
Local currency (Nepalese Rupee-NPR) and foreign currencies: up to the amounts imported and declared. Only ten per cent of the amount exchanged into local currency will be re-exchanged into foreign currency at the airport upon departure.