1. tobacco products (for travellers aged 18 and over): 200 cigarettes and 5 cigarillos (not exceeding 3g each) and 10 cigars and 200 grammes of tobacco (with 200 cigarette papers) or 200 grammes chewing tobacco or 200 grammes of wate-pipe tobacco or 50 grammes of snuff tobacco;
2. alcoholic beverages (for travellers aged 18 and over): 1 bottle of 1 litre or 2 bottles of 700 ml./750ml. of wine and/or spirits;
3. 5 bottles of perfume (max. 120 ml. each);
4. gifts up to the value of EUR 300.- (EUR 145.- for those aged under 15);
5. 1kg of coffee; 1kg of instant coffee; 500g of tea; 1kg of chocolate; 1kg food made of sugar;
6. medications for personal use.
1. two kgs/3 cartons of local tobacco products, 5 kgs. of alcoholic beverages/12 bottles of Raki/local drinks and foodstuffs up to a total value of TRY 100.-, each commodity not to exceed 5 kgs.;
2. gift articles up to a value of TRY 5,000.-. If more is exported, proof is required that foreign currency has been exchanged to the amount in excess of TRY 5,000.-.
Prohibited: antiques, grain products, tea, cacao, coffee and spices.
Cats and dogs require a good health certificate. Pets may enter as passenger's checked baggage, in the cabin or as cargo.
Baggage is cleared at the airport of entry in Turkey.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a connection within Turkey to an airport with customs facilities.
Turkish airports with customs facilities are: Adana (ADA), Ankara (ESB), Antalya (AYT), Bodrum (BJV), Dalaman (DLM), Denizli (DNZ), Erzurum (EZR), Gaziantep (GZT), Hatay (HTY), Istanbul Ataturk (IST), Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen (SAW), Izmir (ADB), Kayseri (ASR), Malatya (MLX), Nevsehir (NAV), Samsun (SZF), Sivas (VAS) and Trabzon (TZX).
Baggage arriving on Emirates (EK) can only be checked through to aiport with customs facilities, within Turkey, if the connecting flight is operated by Atlasjet Airlines (KK).
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Turkey.
Departure Tax of TRY 15.- is levied on Turkish nationals travelling abroad.
Place of payment: Airport of departure; at a bank or desk of the finance ministry.
Exempt: Turkish nationals who are permanent residents overseas.
Local currency (Turkish Lira-TRY): unlimited; foreign currencies: unlimited, but passengers should have the imported foreign currencies declared and specified in their passport on arrival, in order to avoid difficulties on departure.
Residents & nationals of Turkey living and working in Turkey: local currency (New Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: up to USD 5,000.- or equivalent. Amounts in excess should be bought from a bank in Turkey (with an entry to this effect in the passport); non-residents and nationals of Turkey living and working abroad: local currency (New Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: up to USD 5,000.- or equivalent. Amounts in excess should have been declared to the customs on arrival with an entry to this effect in the passport. In case of re-exchange of TRY into foreign currency a bank voucher is required for amounts exceeding the equivalent of USD 5,000.-.