1. tobacco products (for travellers aged 18 and over): 200 cigarettes and 5 cigarillos (not exceeding 3g each) and 10 cigars and 200 grammes of tobacco (with 200 cigarette papers) or 200 grammes chewing tobacco or 200 grammes of wate-pipe tobacco or 50 grammes of snuff tobacco;
2. alcoholic beverages (for travellers aged 18 and over): 1 bottle of 1 litre or 2 bottles of 700 ml./750ml. of wine and/or spirits;
3. 5 bottles of perfume (max. 120 ml. each);
4. gifts up to the value of EUR 300.- (EUR 145.- for those aged under 15);
5. 1kg of coffee; 1kg of instant coffee; 500g of tea; 1kg of chocolate; 1kg food made of sugar;
6. medications for personal use.
A limited amount of firearms and ammunition is permitted, which must be accompanied by an Import Permit, obtained in advance at the Ministry of Environment and Forestry.
1. two kgs/3 cartons of local tobacco products, 5 kgs. of alcoholic beverages/12 bottles of Raki/local drinks and foodstuffs up to a total value of TRY 100.-, each commodity not to exceed 5 kgs.;
2. gift articles up to a value of TRY 5,000.-. If more is exported, proof is required that foreign currency has been exchanged to the amount in excess of TRY 5,000.-.
Prohibited: antiques, grain products, tea, cacao, coffee and spices.
Cats and dogs require a good health certificate. Pets may enter as passenger's checked baggage, in the cabin or as cargo.
Baggage is cleared at the airport of entry in Turkey.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a connection within Turkey to an airport with customs facilities.
Turkish airports with customs facilities are: Adana (ADA), Ankara (ESB), Antalya (AYT), Bodrum (BJV), Bursa (YEI), Dalaman (DLM), Denizli (DNZ), Elazig (EZS), Erzincan (ERC), Erzurum (EZR), Gaziantep (GZT), Hatay (HTY), Istanbul Ataturk (IST), Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen (SAW), Izmir (ADB), Kayseri (ASR), Konya (KYA), Malatya (MLX), Nevsehir (NAV), Samsun (SZF), Sanliurfa (GNY), Sivas (VAS) and Trabzon (TZX).
Baggage arriving on Emirates (EK) or Qatar Airways (QR) can only be checked through to aiport with customs facilities, within Turkey, if the connecting flight is operated by Atlasjet Airlines (KK).
Baggage arriving on Etihad Airways (EY) is cleared at the airport of entry in Turkey.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Turkey.
Departure Tax of TRY 15.- is levied on Turkish nationals travelling abroad.
Place of payment: Airport of departure; at a bank or desk of the finance ministry.
Exempt: Turkish nationals who are permanent residents overseas.
Local currency (Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: unlimited. However, passengers should declare foreign currencies on arrival and ensure that this is specified in their passports.
Local currency (Turkish Lira-TRY) and foreign currencies: up to USD 5,000.- or equivalent. Amounts exceeding the equivalent of USD 5.000 must be declared and:
-those residing in Turkey: must buy them from a bank in Turkey (with an entry to this effect in the passport);
-those residing abroad: must have declared foreign currencies on arrival and have this specified in their passports. In case of re-exchange of TRY into foreign currency a bank voucher is required.