Passport required when departing the U.S.A.27 November 2007
As of 1 October 2007, people of all nationalities departing the U.S.A. will need a valid passport.
Exempt are holders of:
- U.S. Permanent Resident/Resident Alien Card (Form I-551);
- U.S. Military ID Cards when traveling on official orders;
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Card;
- NEXUS Card;
- U.S. Travel Document: Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571) or Permit to Re-Enter (Form I-327);
- Emergency Travel Document (e.g. Consular Letter) issued by a Foreign Embassy or Consulate specifically for the purpose of travel to the bearers home country.