Passengers of 18 years of age or older, having been outside Singapore for at least 48 hours prior to arrival: Free import of: spirits, wine and beer not exceeding 1 litre each; or 2 litres of wine and 1 litre of beer; or 1 litre of wine and 2 litres of beer.
Food items for personal consumption are permitted. However, certain foods are prohibited or controlled depending on county of origin and may be limited to a maximum amount or weight. Detailed information can be found at www.ava.gov.sg
Free import of liquor products is not allowed if arriving from Malaysia. Exempt are passengers coming from a third country transiting in Malaysia, who did not enter Malaysia.
Import of firearms or explosives is prohibited, unless carrier holds a permit from the Director General of Civil Aviation Authority, Singapore:
when entering a police permit must be obtained 2 weeks prior to entry. Fee of SGD 45.-, for transhipment applies per passenger. Fee is imposed by CAAS Authorities (Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore). The airline is required to seek approval from Director General of CAAS for carriage of firearms on board the aircraft. Violation may result in prosecution of passenger and carrier;
Note: on SQ flights application must be sent to telex SINKESQ, attn: Duty Officer 2 weeks prior to travel. Violation may result in prosecution of passenger and carrier.
Import of toy guns requires approval. Any toy gun resembling real guns will not be approved.
Warning: Trafficking of illegal drugs is punishable by death.
Any chewing-gum and tobacco products must be declared on arrival. Failure to declare may result in fine or imprisonment.
Free export of reasonable quantities of tobacco products and alcoholic beverages.
1. Passengers arriving with pets must obtain, at least 30 days prior to arrival:
- an Import Licence from the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA). For detailed information, efer to: www.ava.gov.sg or contact: AVA Quarantine and Inspection Group, Import and Export Regulation Dept., Animal and Plant Section, Maxwell Road, 02-00 Tower Block MND Complex, Singapore 69110. Tel: +6562270670 or +6563257333. Fax: +6562276305.
- acceptance for quarantine space in Sembawang Animal Quarantine station (SAQS) for cats/dogs from countries other than Australia, Cayman Isl., Denmark, Hong Kong (SAR China), Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, USA (Hawaii and Guam only) and United Kingdom. ;
Passengers must notify the Changi Animal and Plant Quarantine (CAPQ) of the AVA of the following details, at least 5 working day before arrival at Changi International Airport: passengers name and local contact number; date and time of arrival; import permit number; whether pet is traveling as accompanied baggage or manifested cargo.
2. Cats/dogs directly imported from Australia, Cayman Isl., Denmark, Hong Kong (SAR China), Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Japan, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, USA (Hawaii and Guam only) and United Kingdom require an Airline Declaration, a copy of which must be attached to the container. Page 2 of the declaration must be completed if the seal of the container has been broken.
3. A Transhipment Licence from AVA must be obtained when transiting pets via Singapore.
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Singapore.
Crew clearance through special immigration counter.
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Local currency (Singapore Dollar-SGD) and foreign currencies: no limit. However, amounts exceeding SGD 30,000.- (or equivalent)(incl. traveller cheque, bearer cheque, bill of exchange, promissory note) should be declared on arrival.
Local currency (Singapore Dollar-SGD) and foreign currencies: no limit. However, amounts exceeding SGD 30,000.- (or equivalent)(incl. traveller cheque, bearer cheque, bill of exchange, promissory note) should be declared on departure.