Latest Travel Document News

Family Member Residence Cards - travelling to the United Kingdom

15 August 2018

If you are a non-EEA family member of an EEA* national, you must meet the following conditions to enter the United Kingdom without a visa:

1. please make sure that your residence card has an English text " Permanent Residence Card of a Famliy Member of a Union Citizen" or a "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen", 
2. if your residence card is issued by Ireland (Rep.) it must contain a stamp "4EUFam", 
3. you must travel with or travel to join the EEA family member.

*EEA- European Economic Area (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep., Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom).